Starting the day with a yummy, excitingly good breakfast is, as I’ve told you before, very important to me. Today, I really wanted to get out of bed and not feel depressed about the weather – but the weather decided it would still be depressing, so that didn’t really work out. I spent all of last night working on a speech with my Dad that I get to give this weekend, which was very productive, but hard work. I ended up feeling totally brain-dead by the end of it, and went to bed the moment I got home. Waking up this morning, I had hoped the speech would magically fall in place, but I really needed a good breakfast before I could sit down and rewrite it according to my Dad’s suggestions.
So, rummaging through my fridge, I found the following ingredients:
As you may guess, I made a smoothie this morning – a Mango-Coconut-Smoothie, to be exact:
Green Mango-Coconut Smoothie
- 1 tall glass of baby spinach leaves (about 60g)
- 1/2 mango
- 1/2 banana
- left-over coconut water from making coconut cream (in the picture, it looks like I used coconut cream, but that’s just due to the fact my coconut cream didn’t seperate perfectly from the water – usually that works better!)
- 1 tsp. flower pollen (optional)
- 5 icecubes
- additional water (depending on how liquid you want your smoothie)
1. Place all the ingredients, excepting the additional water, in the mixer/blender.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy, and add extra water if you feel it isn’t fluid enough.
3. I liked the creamy consistency of mine, so I didn’t add that much water. Fill into a glass and enjoy!
Looks a bit like guacamole, right? Hehe.
So, the day ended up starting quite well, after all! I managed to sit down at my laptop and work through my speech right after, feeling energized and no-longer-depressed at all. 🙂
If you dislike bananas (like my sister, for example), leave it out and either add more mango, or add some avocado for the same creamy-consistency. You may need to add some honey or other sweetener if you leave out the banana, though!