Ever miss those days when you could gobble down as much ice-chocolate as you wanted without a) feeling guilty and b) putting on weight? I am so glad to have found a solution for everyone who gets a chocolate craving here or there, because this chocolate smoothie won’t only satisfy your craving, but it will keep you from over-indulging due to its real, pure, and intense chocolate flavor! It has just a hint of coconut taste hidden in there, and even a bit of espresso powder, to give you that extra energy kick!
Raw, Guilt-Free Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 overripe banana (the riper, the sweeter)
- 250ml coconut milk (not cream!)
- 250ml almond or soy milk
- 2 Tbs. pure cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp. espresso
- ice cubes
- shredded coconut, for garnishing
1. Blend all the ingredients together in a mixer/blender.
2. Fill the smoothie into a glass filled with icecubes, and decorate with a bit of shredded coconut on top.
I used coconut milk (not cream!) for mine, but if you dislike coconut, you can use any (dairy-free) milk instead! Also, I felt the banana added enough sweetness, so I didn’t add any maple syrup or sugar. It will satisfy chocolate cravings more if you don’t add too much sugar, so that you can really get that pure, mildly bitter chocolate taste!
To make it even more decadent, add a scoop of dairy-free/vegan vanilla ice cream or some coconut whipped cream on top! If you don’t like bananas, you can subsitute with half an avocado, but you will then need some sweetener (maple syrup, date sweetener, or honey).