I am so amazed by my toasted almond butter, I can’t even begin to tell you. I haven’t had the chance to try it spread out on bread, as I was kind of full of it after I had made it (someone had to lick the spoon…and the bowl…and the spoon again), but I slopped a spoonful on my oatmeal yesterday morning – and I truly don’t know why I haven’t tried nutbutter in my cereal before! It just adds this wonderful creaminess, and works especially well with this specific oatmeal bowl:
I’m sorry to say that my healthy cranberry granola is almost used up, but a new recipe is already forming in my head. I’ll update you on my new creation asap. 🙂
Update: I just came up with a Tropical Coconut Granola!
What makes this oatmeal so comforting is not only its warmth, but it’s great crunchy texture (I sprinkled chopped walnuts into the oatmeal) combined with the mashed banana and almond butter, giving it both sweetness and creaminess, all without additional sugar or dairy! If you haven’t dared to add almond (or any nut) butter to your oatmeal, please don’t shy away from adding that 1 teaspoon – trust me, it will be worth the decadence.
Nutty-Crunch Comfort-Oatmeal Bowl
(serves 1 bowl)
- 1/2 overripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 chopped walnuts (or any other nut, but walnuts work well with banana!)
- 3 Tbs. rolled oats
- 250ml soy milk
- 2 Tbs. granola
- 1/2 granny smith apple, diced
- 1 tsp. toasted almond butter, unsweetened
1. Mash the banana, and mix with the oats and walnuts, as well as half of the milk. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes at highest heat, then stir in the rest of the milk.
2. Add your desired toppings, and stir together. You could add some cinnamon, if you like!
3. Enjoy immediately, while still warm, and dig into that delicous creaminess! You’ll see that it will melt in your mouth.