Ice cream for breakfast? Sounds too decadent to actually do? Well, my dears, I have found the solution. Yesterday morning, I was just craving a sweet breakfast so badly, and was about to start baking cake or cookies out of the sheer desperation of really really REALLY needing something unhealthy. Do you get those kinds of cravings? I actually read in a magazine somewhere that if you’re in a study phase, you start craving high-sugar snacks even more than usually. Maybe I should just use that as an excuse…
…or, you know, I could find a solution by making myself ice cream for breakfast: refined-sugar-free, dairy-free ice cream, that is. Don’t lose your interest now, it still tastes amazingly like soft serve, and you won’t need any unnatural sweeteners! I was going a bit crazy, so I completely overfilled the bowl with various toppings, up to the point when you couldn’t even see the “ice cream” underneath:
Ice Cream Smoothie Bowl With Toppings
- 1 cup frozen blueberries/mixed berries
- 1 ripe banana (not frozen!)
- 1 tbs. roasted peanut butter (or normal peanut butter)
- as toppings: 1/2 pear, 1/2 kiwi, 2 tbs. seedy granola, 1 1/2 tbs. pomme granade (feel free to switch it up!)
1. In a food processor or blender, blend the banana, frozen berries, and nutbutter to make your “ice cream” smoothie.
2. Top with your favorite toppings!
Yes, it’s really that simple!
And, seriously, go crazy with the toppings!
It’s so easy to make, it should be forbidden! But, then again, it doesn’t have to be, as this is 100% healthy and you can enjoy it every morning without feeling guilty, if you like. 🙂 No problem, I’m glad to provide.