Mondays have a worldwide tendency of being extremely sucky. Who knows why – because, seriously, the argument that it’s the day on which you still have the largest amount of work just doesn’t cut it for me. I think Mondays are so susceptible for general suckage (excuse my language) because they involve so much planning. You are forced to think about what you didn’t get done the previous week, and what you need to get done this week, what is coming up etc. It’s not about the work, it’s about the planning. At least for me.
And today has been particularly planning-intensive, which is probably mostly due to the fact that I only feel thoroughly prepared for the rest of the week if I plan EVERY tiny little thing. I guess it borders on the obsessive-compulsive, but I plan when I’ll water my plants, when I’ll vaccuum, when I’ll cook, when I’ll go grocery shopping, between which hours I’ll study etc. For example, right now, I should actually be studying. Go figure how that has been going today!
I decided to fix myself an early lunch out of sheer desparation for doing SOMETHING that’ll make me happy. Enter this grilled cheese sandwich:
Uh no, you cannot EVER put too much cheese in a grilled cheese. It’s just not possible.
Tomato Basil Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of homemade millet bread
- 3 slices of goat’s cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. olive oil
1. Heat a pan. Slice your bread and goat’s cheese.
2. On two of the slices of bread, place one slice of cheese each.
3. Put half of the tomato slices on top of each of the slices of bread with cheese.
4. Cut the third cheese slice in half and place one half each on top of the tomatoes.
5. Place fresh basil on the second layer cheese, then cover with a second slice of bread.
6. Brush a little olive oil on the top, and then place in heated pan, with the oil-brushed side facing down. Brush oil on the top, and then turn around after 1 1/2 minutes, or when the bottom has reached desired browning.
7. After another 1 1/2 minutes, take out of the pan, and serve immediately.
As always, take a look at the steps via pictures:
Step 1: Layer cheese and tomatoes.
Step 2: Add basil and top half of bread.
Step 3: Brush a little oil on top.
Step 4: Roast in your pan, then serve immediately and be exhilarated!
Happy Monday? Happy Monday, indeed.
Enjoy with some freshly cut fruit and a huge coffee, and you’ll see how comforting this grilled cheese sandwich is!